Leadership seems complicated to many. With competing philosophies and methods, as well as a rapidly changing workplace, is it possible to clearly, succinctly, and simply convey your personal approach to leading others?
One Piece of Paper provides an authentic, accessible model for any leader to do just that. Simple, applicable, and without pretense, it’s real leadership for the real world.
Based on leadership expert Mike Figliuolo’s popular Leadership Maxims training course, One Piece of Paper guides you through a simple approach for creating, articulating, and living your personal leadership philosophy—one that can be shared on a single piece of paper. Figliuolo’s model distills leadership to four easy-to-understand aspects:
- Leading yourself: what are your rules of personal conduct and what does the “future you” stand for?
- Leading the thinking: where are you taking your team and how will you innovate to drive change?
- Leading your people: how can you lead a team as individuals rather than faceless cogs in a machine?
- Leading a balanced life: How do you achieve equilibrium between work and personal obligations?
By answering simple, provocative questions that guide anyone to a set of personal leadership maxims, you build a living document that communicates your personal passions, goals, and standards that define your leadership style. The result—one piece of paper that provides an accessible touchstone for both you and your team, enabling you to work together effectively, build your organization, and achieve great results.
With the simplicity of its approach and the powerful, deeply meaningful set of leadership maxims that it inspires, One Piece of Paper will help anyone achieve their true potential as a leader.
What some great leaders are saying about One Piece of Paper:
Devoid of the normal leadership philosophy B.S., One Piece of Paper is a simple yet profound guide for defining who you are and what you want to be as a leader. Read this book and write your own leadership maxims – it will make you a better leader and it may change your life!”
- Roland Smith, President & CEO, Wendy’s / Arby’s Group
One Piece of Paper elegantly tackles the complex topic of leadership and makes it real, practical, and powerful for leaders in all walks of life. Leadership is about relationships. The approach explained in this book will help you build a strong foundation for the relationships you have with your team.”
- Mike Krzyzewski, Head Coach, Duke University
In One Piece of Paper, Mike Figliuolo brushes aside the buzzwords and offers a clear path to becoming a truly authentic leader. If you want your team to work both harder and smarter – not just because you’re the boss, but because you’re a trusted ally – buy this book.”
- Keith Ferrazzi, Author of Who’s Got Your Back and Never Eat Alone
Dynamic leaders at all levels will benefit from Mike Figliuolo’s experience and powerful approach. If you are ready to take ownership of defining your authentic style of leadership then One Piece of Paper is the place to begin.”
- Kim Gravell, Vice President, Strategy Management, Cardinal Health
With professional ease, Mike joins with his reader through the building of leadership maxims, with a promise of collection into “one piece of paper” at the end. The book feels like a conversation between two old friends – one of them being you.”
- John Galvin, General, U.S. Army, Retired and Former Supreme Allied Commander Europe
With his unique insights from decades of experience as a combat arms officer, management consultant, Fortune 500 executive, and entrepreneur, Mike Figliuolo has hit the mark with a must-read for leaders at all levels who want to radically improve their effectiveness.”
- The Honorable David McCormick, Under Secretary of the U.S Treasury (2007-2009)
Once I began, I could not put Mike’s book down as I learned how to learn about myself. Beginning with establishing an honest, personal introspective foundation, One Piece of Paper provides a hands-on, actionable guide to credible, effective leadership.”
- Jack Partridge, President, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Inc.
Because Mike Figliuolo is a leader himself, he truly understands the challenges leaders face in the real business world. His guidance and advice are practical and in One Piece of Paper he zeroes in on the skills leaders need to compete effectively in today’s global environment.”
- Gail Leiber, Director, Global Learning & Development Consulting Practice, Abbott
So what are you waiting for? Get your copy of the book now and become the leader you’ve always wanted to be. When you’re done with it, let us know what you think!